The Internet of Things (IoT) is fast becoming one of the hottest technology trends as new business and consumer scenarios are unlocked that rely on insights and control from devices of all sizes. In addition to device innovation that allows nearly ubiquitous reach and form factors the cloud has enabled new scenarios where it is routine to process petabytes of data and use advanced analytics, like machine learning, to gain new insights. Microsoft Azure is an industry leader in IoT with the introduction of Azure IoT. Azure IoT is a comprehensive solution that spans devices, device management, gateways, advanced analytics, and command & control functionality. Azure IoT is already in production with millions of devices and trillions of messages a month already flowing.
The Azure IoT (Internet of Things) solutions team is looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer to design and deliver pre-configured solutions that enable rapid adoption of Azure IoT services. Candidates will enable massive scale, stateful cloud applications that are self-managing and can be operated with ease in public or private datacenters around the world, enable secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, develop distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
The Azure IoT Central Infrastructure team is looking for an engineer with strong problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills, drive for execution and results, while delivering quality software for large scale projects. You will be building out the infrastructure that supports hundreds of millions of connected devices. We value passion, creativity, desire to learn new complex technical areas, agility and accountability. You will be an important part of a team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Microsoft.
IoT Central is built using Linux, Docker, NodeJS, Kubernetes. Experience is these technologies is a strong plus.
* 3 +years of software engineering experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science (or related field)
* 5+ years of software engineering/DevOps experience
* Prior experience with large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems
* Experience with Cloud technologies
* Experience administrating Linux and networking technologies (routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, DNS etc.)
* Experience administrating microservice architectures
* Experience with container technologies such as Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes
* Strong bash or shell scripting skills
* Strong written & oral communication skills
* Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
* Development experience (Node JS) is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work with engineering to architect and build backend infrastructure that is highly available, high performance and secure
* Design, develop, automate, maintain process facilitating continuous delivery, service provisioning, software updates, configuration changes, application deployment with zero downtime
* Measure and monitor application and infrastructure health
* Make sure all automation/monitoring tools are designed towards enabling autonomy in engineering teams
* Manage security of network, infrastructure and applications by performing various scans
* Drive process towards operational/security best practices
* Participate in 24x7 operation support and troubleshoot issues
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.