You're hosting a party, a big celebration. You've got the venue, the food, the drinks, the DJ, the dance floor, the disco ball. You've invited all your friends, and they're super-excited to come. They all show up, ready to get their groove on. But the door is locked, and they can't get in.
Office is the party. Hundreds of millions of customers are our invited friends. And we hold the key to the locked door.
It is an exciting time for Office! We are on a formidable journey to transform our products, modernize our engineering, and hack our culture to meet today's challenges. The past few years have seen an evolution in how people work and use technology and in what they need in order to do and be more, in an era of mobile and cloud first. Key to the transformation of our products is the streamlining of our connected experiences like cloud storage, sharing, collaboration, and intelligence. Perhaps the most talked about, thorniest hurdle to all this work at Microsoft is getting to a simple model for Identity and a reliable story for authentication and authorization across all our scenarios, apps, services, and platforms.
The Office Identity and Connected Experiences (ICE) team invites you to join us on this journey. We are looking for experienced, empathic, and ambitious engineers to join us in solving some of our biggest challenges:
* Intelligence and Insights. Understand our product usage and user research data to derive insights and solutions to eliminating barriers to sign up, harden the reliability of our Identity flows, reason about retention patterns, and make decisions about new engineering investments. As few prompts as possible AND explain why. Hold all layers of the Identity stack to excellence. This work is at the heart of the hacking of our culture to be more data driven and customer obsessed.
* Empowering Client Libraries. Modernize our codebase into one that is simple, easy to onboard, easy to debug, easy to evolve, and cross-platform. Do this without compromising quality, existing scenarios, or our biggest currency: our customers' trust. In addition to our focus on Office, we have longer term goals of supporting every first party Microsoft app as well as third party apps.
* Evolving Identity Scenarios. Modernize our existing experiences to solve new challenges like supporting third party email, cloud storage, and identity providers, enabling multiple accounts in an understandable manner, reducing cost by leveraging new token types, sharing across platforms through links, and signing-in without passwords. Make Consumer account experiences easy to use while meeting the security and compliance needs of our most demanding Enterprise and Government customers.
To achieve these goals, we are collaborating closely with a breadth of teams across Microsoft: Identity Platform in Azure, Web Account Manager in Windows, Exchange, OneDrive/SharePoint, Edge, Teams, and every app and shared feature team in Office.
With a renewed industry-wide focus on security and privacy, our work is at the core of the promises Microsoft is making to our customers. It does not get more critical than this. It does not get more One Microsoft than this. Few teams can contribute so directly to the success of Office and Microsoft.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
* 10+ years of industry experience in a technical role as a software engineer, shipping external-customer-facing code
* 5+ years of experience with C, C++, Java, C#, or Objective-C
* Demonstrated experience and aptitude for solving complex technical problems
* Basic knowledge and understanding of common authentication and authorization patterns
* Demonstrated experience working in a variety of platforms (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android)
* Demonstrated experience in writing and operating cloud services
* Advanced knowledge and experience with authentication, OAuth, Azure Active Directory, and common Identity Providers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
You enjoy collaborating with others in an agile environment. You have a proven track record of impact and technical excellence. You do not accept the status quo. You focus on what is right for our customer, both internal and external, with empathy. You take pride in your craft. You push the envelope on process and engineering tools. You want to learn and grow. You know how to work across groups. You have the perseverance and know-how to navigate cross-organizational competing priorities and schedules. You add diversity of perspective and experience to the team.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.