Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
Our Seattle and Dallas locations are fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environments that primarily focus on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
The Software Engineer will work closely with other software engineers, program managers, product managers, and designers in developing frontend software for VIZIO's SmartcastTV app. Candidates should be passionate about web application development, and building exciting consumer-oriented applications.
* Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
* Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
* Responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
* Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
* Manages programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
* Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
* Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
* Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Recommends changes and improvements in the overall shared codebase.
* Stays up-to-date with current development tools, processes, and techniques as related to the type of programming tasks assigned.
* Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
* Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 5 years of frontend web development experience, at least 2 years in a commercial environment for a consumer-facing product.
* Strong understanding of web application development, client-side data storage, DOM manipulation, performance optimization, as well as current and near-future browser API support for HTML5 features.
* Proficient with CSS and experience with preprocessors such as Less, Sass, Stylus, etc.
* Knowledge of tools such as Build Tools, Gulp, Grunt, Debuggers, Profilers, IDEs
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts.
* Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and performance tune software code.
* Excellent communications skills; must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, and able to adapt to the level and nature of their audience.
* Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
* Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
* Understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms.
* Understanding of software algorithms and ability to determine runtime complexity of algorithms.
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python and TypeScript.
* Experience with .NET and C#.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.