VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer, iOS at our Seattle, WA offices.
You will be responsible for building and managing user experiences on TV, mobile, and tablets. The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start-up like environment that primarily focuses on the SmartCast product line. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications focusing on IoT implementations. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry. You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment.
You will implement features on SmartCast Mobile to deliver user-facing products. You will need to adequately handle architecting solutions for longevity, flexibility, and cost-effective solutions all while performing at scale.
* Design, develop, and architect customer facing applications.
* Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
* Write unit tests to cover all requirements/functionality.
* Work with designers and tech team to optimize solutions for speed, beauty, and product effectiveness.
* Additional responsibilities will include building a relationship with various vendors and participate in design and code reviews
What you bring to the table:
* B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
* Extensive background in Cocoa Framework, Objective-C, Swift. Understanding and command of iOS application build pipelines. Confident across the entire application lifecycle -- concept, requirements, prototype, implementation, testing, deployment, production
* 3+ years of experience with Software Development, 3+ years of iOS development, 1+ years of Swift experience
* Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
* Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
* Experience with API Documentation: Swagger/RAML/API Blueprint, etc.
* Experience with Network Stack, IoT, Websockets, BLE, Soft AP, etc.
* Experience with Kotlin/Java
* End to end testing, building out testing harnesses
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.