Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Intern - Content Designer at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
As an Intern - Content Designer, you will be part of the SmartCast Product Development team and partner with top TV and movie OTT companies to design curated and promotional imagery for the SmartCast system. We are looking for a designer with strong typography and layout skills, image retouching and composition, and the ability to follow and implement brand identity and direction.
* Conceptualization, design, and execution of SmartCast promotion images including banner and carousel imagery
* Translate SmartCast TV design language and experience to promotional imagery
* Assist with the delivery of additional assets needed for VIZIO smart TV experience.
* Collaborate with a variety of teams including engineering, marketing, and business development, throughout the design process
* Conceive, manage, and lead design from start to finish
* Coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision
* Other duties as assigned
Required Design Skills:
* Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and other relevant design tools
* Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, visual communication, and promotion with pixel-level attention to detail
* Ability to communicate your design vision and defend your design decisions
* Familiarity with broadcast design space and requirements
Additional Skills (preferred):
* Familiarity with InDesign, After Effects
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Vizio designs, manufactures and markets high-definition LCD/LED flat panel televisions and other home entertainment products.