Software Engineer, Full Stack - Scaled Enforcement Tools
San Francisco, CA
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, FULL STACK - SCALED ENFORCEMENT TOOLS
Are you an engineer who's passionate about defending online users against abuse, spam, and manipulation? Do you love working on challenging problems that require a multi-disciplinary approach, creative solutions, and rapid product iterations? If so, you should join us.
Who We Are
The Scaled Enforcement Tools engineering team is responsible for designing and developing web apps and UIs to enable in-depth investigations and allow for scaled actioning on large clusters. Our tooling helps turn analysts into engineers, surface anomalies, and identify new signals in order to keep spam, manipulation, and abuse at bay. Our team's mission is to keep our users safe from negative experiences in a highly adversarial environment. We work with some of the world's most highly-scaled distributed systems, handling hundreds of millions of tweets and engagements each day, to make Twitter safer and limit the spread of misinformation, abusive, and spammy content on the platform. As an engineer on this team, you'll be working on our company's #1 priority: growing the collective health, openness, and civility of public conversation on Twitter.
What You'll Do
We believe passion and personality matter. We're looking for someone who can help us build, scale, and maintain tools that have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business. We need natural leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values.
Who You Are
* You have experience building product and features and enjoy working with technologies like React, Typescript, GraphQL, and Druid.
* You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
* You are interested in working closely with a diverse, multi-functional team: you think critically about users' needs and can interpret those findings into features and products.
* You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
* You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
* You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale.
Here's all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.