Software Engineer (Backend Systems) - Abuse & Spam
San Francisco, CA
Do you love working on challenging problems that require a multi-disciplinary approach, creative solutions, and rapid product iterations? Will you be proud to work on a real-time, scalable system that serves millions of users daily? Work with us and you'll help defend Twitter users against abuse, spam, and manipulation.
Who We Are
The Health Engineering group is responsible for building technical solutions to help make our users feel safe to express themselves more freely and interact with the world more openly. We build tools, features, and large-scale infrastructure systems to prevent and remediate abusive and inauthentic behaviors on the platform while providing users the ability to control their experience.
What You'll Do
We believe passion and personality matter. We're looking for someone who can help us build, scale, and maintain user-facing products and large-scale systems, all of which have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business. We need natural leaders who take active roles in shaping the future of Twitter engineering while embodying our core values.
* Extend and improve scalable systems and services that power the triaging and reporting pipelines, enabling Twitter to enforce rules and remediate offenders.
* Work closely with our internal teams including Trust and Safety, Legal, and Policy to design and implement solutions that makes Twitter safer for its users
* Design and implement APIs and tooling that provide the foundation for reviewing content to promote healthy discourse on the platform
* Collaborate with our Machine Learning team and apply their innovations to fighting abuse and spam.
Who You Are
* You have experience building product and features and working with distributed systems.
* You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
* You are interested in working closely with a diverse, multi-functional team: you think critically about users' needs and can interpret those findings into features and products.
* You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
* You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
* You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to tackle problems at scale.
Here's all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a company that provides a social networking platform.