First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Senior Middleware Reliability Engineer is responsible for bringing a software development mindset to the operations for platforms in the middleware space. In addition, the engineer will work closely with internal clients, IS teams and external vendors gathering requirements, designing and deploying integration middleware infrastructure components, as well as work with project and support teams resolving problems and incidents. The Senior Middleware Reliability Engineer should also be skilled in design, building and architecture of the platforms.
Applications to be architected/designed, built and maintained will consist of Enterprise Middleware such as API Gateway's App Servers and Web Servers. As an IS team member, this staff position will participate in and coordinate systems integration projects, is responsible for providing third-level escalation support and will provide guidance and mentoring for other junior engineers and support technicians on technical issues and techniques.
* Responsible for Design, build and maintenance of Middleware Infrastructure with the inclination to substitute all operational tasks with automation. * Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices. * Responsible for creation of Standards for infrastructure aspects of Enterprise Middleware such as High Availability, performance tuning, troubleshooting. * Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization. * Review other developers' solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards. * Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end. * Perform prioritized planning and execution of the product development and release schedules while iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows. * Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
* Have strong experience in enterprise application integration including SOA, BPM, APIs, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), Micro Services, Containerization (Open Shift Containers, Kubernetes and etc.) * Have experience with using JSON, XML, XSD and other data payload formats * Hands on Experience in Linux, Oracle database and Middleware technologies (Mulesoft, Kafka, ESB) * Hand on experience with scripting (shell and Python) and with configuring management tools such as (Ansible, Chef, Puppet) * Software development experience with languages such as Node.Js, Java, Python * Expert level understanding of REST/SOAP paradigm and sync vs Async integration design and architecture * Experience with AWS Cloud Preferable * Have experience in DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as GIt, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Iy * Strong experience with NoSQL and relational data stores * Working experience on Application Architecture and System Integration * Experience on developing Architect blueprints * Experience with delivering enterprise design patterns and end to end solution for mission critical highly available and scalable application involving vendors, custom development and matrixed IS organization * Organized and capable of managing multiple complex projects on tight deadlines without compromising quality, and comfortable working with dynamically evolving requirements * Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives * Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business * Focused on development/ improvement of products and services to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank * Deep understanding of Enterprise Frameworks
* Proven ability to build high performing teams and motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment * Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership * Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues * Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value * Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic * Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly. * Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens. * Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person. * Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions. * Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. * Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.