First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
You have ideas; we're listening
The Business Systems Analyst will work as a key technical resource responsible for developing technical requirements for the Banking applications for a large corporate project at First Republic Bank. The Business Systems Analyst will have deep knowledge in banking business with the overall understanding of key systems and inter-operability, and will be a visible leader working across organizational boundaries and implementing new technology solutions to enable our Banking business strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a business requirement, perform end to end technical impact assessment, understand the design of all banking systems and document the technical requirements to implement the technical solutions. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
What you'll do as a Business Systems Analyst:
* Understand the banking applications and document detailed requirements in a large corporate project with very high visibility.
* Partner with Business to understand business processes and requirements.
* Partner with key technical resources (example, Architects, Solution designers) and vendors to understand technical requirements.
* Perform end to end impact assessment for any technical change and how it may impact upstream and downstream systems and processes.
* Partner with the Testing Lead to provide guidance in overall test strategy and test execution.
* Support the Business for User Acceptance Test.
* Document any technical decision process.
* Identify any needed reporting, instrumentation and analytics in support of automation.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution.
* 3+ years of banking experience required
* Total 6-8 years related experience in IT.
* Agile/SCRUM experience is must
* Responsible for defining solutions by working with clients to understand their business processes, stakeholders and requirements.
* Familiar in all aspects of business analysis, testing and has a basic understanding of project management and system development life cycle.
* Evaluate user requests for business process automation to determine feasibility and technical requirements.
* Work directly with clients throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
* Experience in working on cross-functional teams building products using agile methodologies.
* Excellent communication skills; familiarity with MS Office Product Suite (Word / Excel / Power Point).
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Professional skill / competency:
* Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
* Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
* Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
* Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
* Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency
* Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
* Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
* Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
* Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
* Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.