It is a mobile first, cloud first world and we're empowering it. Microsoft Azure is at the heart of the Microsoft Cloud providing the backend infrastructure for hyper-scale distributed and dynamic computing. Our team within Azure provides the software platform which enables internal Microsoft services (including Office 365, Bing.com, XBOX Live, Skype, and OneDrive) as well as many external customers to run their large-scale mission-critical Cloud applications for their businesses.
If you love distributed systems, scale in the millions and make an impact on Azure and the industry - this is a great opportunity for you.
You will be working on services that contribute towards delivering 5x9s of availability for our customers and directly impacting the company bottom line by optimizing the utilization of our hardware. You will be leveraging best in class analytics and machine learning to deliver solutions.
* 5+ years of experience in commercial software development
* Strong problem-solving skills, drive for results, and ability to work independently
* Passion for designing and writing great code
* Fluent in one of the following programming languages: C++/C#/Java
* Bachelors and/or Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field of study
* Experience designing/building distributed systems
* Experience with agile development, weekly rollouts, continuous testing, operations and monitoring
* Enjoy working with large datasets
* Experience/interest in datacenter hardware
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Design, build and support software to support Azure Compute.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.