Azure Database for PostgreSQL and MySQL are the newest services added to the family of relational database services provided in Microsoft Azure. We are expanding the choice of database services in Azure and need your help to meet our customers' demand. Our team is part of Database Systems organization and building the PostgreSQL and MySQL service on the common platform supporting all relational database workloads and leveraging the scale of our global presence in all Azure datacenters. We are a full stack team, tackling the breadth of technology from distributed systems, availability, scalability, query performance and processing, storage, operating systems, networking, management tools, web development, user experience and most other fields in Computer Science. We are reaching out to the open source community and are actively looking for ways to collaborate on enhancing the database engines we support.
We have alluring solutions that no one in the industry had dared to build because the problems are breathtakingly challenging. That's why we need you!
* You are a self-critical leader.
* You have a B.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* You are creative, innovative, and care about your customers
* You are passionate about learning
* You have fearless curiosity
* You write beautiful comments in your clear and concise code
* You enjoy collaborating and interacting with like and unlike minds
* You have no fears when it comes to speaking the less popular ideas
* You are happy to help and amplify others around you
* You have 5+ years' experience with C/C++/C#/Java coding skills
* You have 5+ years hands-on experience developing software
* You have experience with managing or developing Relational database engine
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Here's a little introduction to our team:
* We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers.
* We develop, test, and check code in every day.
* We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
* We take time to build the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
* We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and are at the forefront of Microsoft's embracing of open source.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.