Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? Do you enjoy learning new technologies and applying them to data problems? Can you direct a team of data scientists towards a common goal, and foster a data driven culture across an entire team? The Machine Learning team in Microsoft News is looking for an experienced Machine Learning leader to join our team.
* A self-starter who can work independently, pro-actively identify opportunities, and implement solutions.
* Provide holistic thinking and drive toward architectural clarity.
* Knowledge of statistical theory, such as statistical models, distributions, derivations for Bayesian formulas, etc.
* Experienced with ML techniques such as neural networks, clustering, random forests, etc.
* Fluent in either R or Python (with pandas/numpy), and at least one of C#, C++, or Java, etc.
* Analytical problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail and an obsession with data accuracy.
* Verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven success in managing data scientists.
Education & Experience:
* Master's degree in Computer Science with industry ML experience. PhD preferred.
* 5+ years' knowledge and experience with machine learning and information retrieval technologies.
* 5+ years of leadership experience and skill set in both significant technology areas and complex commercial software project.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The primary function of this role will be to lead a group of machine learning experts and to work closely with Content, Editorial, and Engineering teams to define data metrics, ML models, and use scenarios, to drive user engagement, personalization, and more. You will be working with a talented group of ML/AI experts to develop innovative models for delivering personalized content based on implicit and explicit behavioral signals from the user; by fostering a culture of empiricism and experimentation, you will enable agile deployment of new models and algos.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.