Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. This role will be responsible for taking the Twitch Desktop App to the next level on the Desktop Platform team. We're passionate about providing great viewing, gaming and mods experiences to our users.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for improving products that viewers, creators, and gamers use every day. You will help build powerful features for Windows and Mac desktop users. You will adapt our desktop platform to deliver complex projects quickly and with high quality. You will also work closely with the rest of your immediate team, as well as product, design, data science, and other engineering teams to ensure our core experiences stay stable and scale.
Are you a C++ engineer who loves working with Electron? Would you also enjoy spending some time in Typescript? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
* Work with the Desktop Platform team to expand the capabilities of Desktop Platform APIs and improve developer experiences.
* Work with team members to ensure high quality deliverables that meet all design needs
* Continuously improve the user experience by reviewing usage statistics, communicating with our users, and using the Twitch Desktop App
* Adhere and recommend improvements to project coding standards
* Work in a team environment with shared code; participate in code reviews; collaborate on architectural decisions
* A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
* 5+ years experience working on large scale C++ applications
* Experience with Electron or Chromium
* Strong analytical problem solving skills
* Architectural experience creating highly-scalable desktop or web applications
* A solid understanding of best practices regarding scalability, performance, and security
* Passion for video games, Twitch, and/or streaming experience
* Deep understanding of Windows APIs
* Experience with Chromium
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.