Raytheon Pasadena is looking for an Image Processing/Computer Vision Specialist supporting customers located at the customer site at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. The successful candidate will participate in exciting projects and missions as an Image Processing/Computer Vision Specialist.
The ideal candidate will:
* Specialize in computer vision or image processing with a background in object detection and tracking
* Adapt existing algorithms or develop novel ones for object detection and tracking on challenging datasets of overhead imagery with an emphasis on utilization of large data volumes
* Formulate and implement these novel capabilities to the level of internally transferable engineering code in Matlab, Python or C/C++
* Analyze and report on performance of novel techniques against designated datasets
* Have understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
* Willingness and desire to understand and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing
United States Citizenship is required
* Experience in object detection and tracking
* Experience and knowledge in the mathematical principles related to image chain modeling
* Experience in scientific application development and science data processing algorithms
* Proficiency in MATLAB and Python
* Strong background in C++
* Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products
* Familiarity with the Git revision control system.
* Familiarity with Software Configuration Management (CM)
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
The selected candidate will be required to work in Pasadena, CA
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience.
This position requires a U.S. Citizen who has a TS/SCI clearance, and who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
134928BR 134928 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.