Are you looking for an opportunity to work in all phases of the software development life cycle? We have an opportunity within the Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts to work on our Patriot Test Support Software Team.
The Patriot system is the world's pre-eminent air defense system. We are currently developing Patriot Test Support software to assist in tactical software integration and software validation testing. Successful candidates will work with a team of software engineers to develop and test new Patriot Simulation capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern languages and computing platforms.
The job location for this opportunity is in Tewksbury, MA, supporting the Patriot Test Support Software Engineering team. The successful candidates will be involved in the many phases of software development from requirements through maintenance/support using various tools and methodologies. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions. The job requires a well-disciplined engineer who is able to thrive in a dynamic environment, is able to work well on a team, and willing to work in an Agile environment. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 (Software Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Sr Software Engineer I) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* Contributing in team planning meetings and presentations
* Convert software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code and analysis of software defects
* Maintain, debug and fix problems with Simulation product applications
* Maintain existing features and develop new features for the software using Object-Oriented (OO) methodology.
* Support generation of documentation to include: software development folders, design presentations, and problem reports
* Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
* Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make SW/Systems improvement recommendations
* Extensive interaction with other groups including Requirements engineers, Software engineers, Integration engineers, and Validation engineer
* Some off-hours activity in a software development facility may be necessary
* Some light travel may be necessary
* Will work on all phases Software development life cycle, tools and methodologies
* Minimum of 2+ years programming experience
* Capable of obtaining a US government Secret Clearance
* Prior programming experience in C++ or other OO programming language
* Experience with complex, real-time embedded software programming, object-oriented design (OOD) methodology.
* This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
* Active DoD clearance
* Proven experience with software development techniques
* Proven experience with hardware and related software/hardware interfaces
* Proven experience with software development on Windows, Linux/Unix platforms and/or other real time embedded system.
* Proven experience with Object oriented languages such as C++ or Ada,
* Proven experience with software development tools like Clearcase, Rational Apex, Coverity, Workbench, Jenkins, Google Test, Junit Test, Matlab, Raytheon IDS processes
* Ability to operate complex test equipment
* Demonstrated ability to investigate, resolve and track complex hardware/software interactions and follow through to resolution
* Demonstrated ability to implement requirements from design through integration
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree or Better in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or related STEM field.
keywords: Object oriented, OO, C++, Software engineer, software developer, real time, embedded
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
* Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 136555 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.