If you are looking for challenging and meaningful work that directly impacts our clients and communities, we offer a dynamic environment where employees collaborate on engaged and innovative teams. With more than 4,600 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances.
As we continue to grow, we're looking for eager Software Developers/Engineers to contribute to the success of our current and fast-growing new products including our Tyler Cashiering product. Tyler Cashiering is an integrated cashiering solution for local government and public administration organizations. It offers a convenient, secure and flexible way to standardize our client's collection process and creat a single point of entry for payments. Tyler Cashiering offers several secure features that retrieve and maintain billing information, details, due amounts and charges in its systems via XML-based web services.
Come join us and be a part of an organization that is continuously empowers communities. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector - cities, counties, states and school districts.
Open to filling in other locations and remote.
ResponsibilitiesThe Software Developer/Engineer will support existing applications used in Tyler's Cashiering service and develop new applications for Tyler Cashering solutions.
* Ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment through all phases of the software development life cycle including including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
* Ability to apply your technical skills, creativity and problem solving skills developing new features and applications that will grow our catalog of solution offerings and leverage emerging technologies.
* Develop new application programs from established specifications or documented requirements.
* Improve existing application programs by fixing bugs or clearing up operational deficiencies in both previously released software and software slated for future release.
* Assure program, module and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
* Utilize new technologies and tools to modify products and provide integration with applications developed internally and externally.
* Prepare and modify program and system documentation.
* Achieve departmental goals and timelines.
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
* Experience with or exposure to various technologies, such as full stack web, cloud, and mobile development. Microsoft stack & .Net Core and C# coding.
* Superior communication, analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
* For a Software Developer, two or more years' of software development experience with database technology, 3-5 years of software development experience.
* Experience with data modeling tools and web services is beneficial.
* An ability to be successful working on highly visible deliverables.
* Knowledge of or desire to learn all aspects of Tyler Cashiering.
Perks and Benefits
* Supportive, open-minded leaders who will help you put your talents to work to grow your career with like-minded co-workers committed to your success
* Competitive salaries, Medical, Vision and Dental benefits, 15% discounted stock purchase plan, 401K retirement and tuition reimbursement programs, 3 weeks of vacation to start.
* Open and collaborative work space, casual dress code, game rooms, flexible work hours
* On premise fitness center, free Starbucks coffee and soda, and a café.
* Monthly social events and other company sponsored outings, promoting a positive work/life balance
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments.