Are you excited about developing next generation technology? Do you have a passion for creating modern and compelling applications with simple, readable and elegant code? Do you have excellent coding techniques, teamwork skills and are intellectually curious? If yes, you should come join us!
Who We Are
For more than 70 years, scientists and engineers in diverse disciplines at Raytheon BBN have collaborated to solve real-world problems through research, exploration, development and prototyping. We partner with the best technical talent in academia and industry to challenge the status quo, pioneer new technologies, and creative transformative solutions.
Raytheon BBN's Boomerang group is a small, dynamic team where everyone contributes based on their unique skills and experience. We rely on collaboration and contributions from every team member to identify and develop new product requirements and enhancements for our next generation of Boomerangs. The Boomerang is life-saving acoustic shooter detection technology that pinpoints a hostile shooter's location in under a second. Proven in combat, Boomerang provides clear, critical information-whether on a moving vehicle, at a fixed site, or a temporary location-when seconds and informed decisions matter most. Your work will impact security around the world.
We're currently looking for talented Software Developers to design, develop, enhance and deploying Boomerang system(s) software. You will work closely with the rest of the Boomerang team and the Boomerang customers solving challenging problems, assessing requirements, defining system architecture and implementing new features and programs. We are seeking highly motivated self-starters, who have a passion for excellence, value integrity, thrive on innovation and deliver results.
What we are looking for:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related area and 4-6 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree and 2-4 years of related experience
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills; strong debugging skills are a plus
* Experience with Java and C
* Comfortable using and programming for Windows and Linux
* Strong communicator with the ability to address customer needs in a dynamic environment
* Can participate in all parts of the software life cycle, from initial design to working prototype, to testing and deploying at production scale in a collaborative environment
* Self-motivated, independent, inquisitive, and committed to quality
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* US citizenship
Nice to have's:
* Embedded system development experience
* Familiarity with ANT and shell scripting
* Experience writing Java Swing GUIs
* Familiarity with modern software configuration management tools such as Docker
* Working knowledge of Matlab
* Familiarity with Git
* Previous experience in design, implementation, debug, and test a plus
Our team members earn generous, performance based incentives and enjoy the causal environment of a start up with the perks of an established corporation. We are committed to the long-term well-being of our employees offering great benefits such as flexible work arrangements, a free onsite gym, wellness programs, collaborative work spaces an employee lounge and a meditation room, just for starters.
If you are a take charge, take initiative, get stuff done individual we want to talk to you!
142545BR 142545 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.