What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is looking for an experienced Radio Communications Technician who would provide journeyman/full-performance level program management, administrative and engineering support for Sponsor communications-based projects.
* Five (5) or more years direct experience with Sponsor tactical communications projects and design involving RF/Satellite communications, including ICOM/Motorola/Harris equipment and its use.
* Direct experience with sponsor systems including BASIS, GENESIS, approval memos and message preparation.
* Solid background in and understanding of current installation procedures (CIP) and field training of personnel.
* Ability to explain technical procedures and processes and results of site surveys clearly and accurately.
* Strong knowledge of tactical systems
* Ability to completely understand and respond to customers comprehensive tactical requirements
* Ability to give details to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to adhere to security and safety standards, counter-intelligence and applicable communications policies and procedures
* Knowledge of procurement processes
* Ability to independently perform specialized equipment and system installations, modifications, and upgrades.
* Ability to test, identify, and resolve most tier 1 and tier 2 equipment and system problems
* Willingness to perform extended TDYs in dangerous/hostile environments
* Ability to be medically and administratively cleared for travel
* Ability to successfully qualify for weapons training
* Working knowledge of policies and regulations related to the completion of assigned work
* Ability to excel in a team environment
* Ability to work at heights and successfully complete Fall Protection training.
50% OCONUS travel, including hazard areas as required.
10% CONUS travel, as required.
Please Note: This position can be either an A04 or A05 dependent on the candidate's experience level.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.