Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We build amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for curious, empathetic people who are eager about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some intense curiosity and determination to be the best. If this sounds like something you're passionate about, come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu's Technology team is seeking a Senior Design Program Manager to join our Technical Program Management team. As a DPM at Hulu, you will act as a liaison between Product Owners, TPMs, Designers and Engineering, and play an important part in defining and driving forward Design culture at Hulu. You will be key in partnering with our Platform Design team in driving consistency and pushing innovation among our platforms. You take phenomenal pride in promoting a healthy work-life balance and put the wellness of the team first. The right person for this role has a passion and knowledge for design thinking, experience in program management and the personality to lead multi-functional departments to resolution and completion.You are a self-starter with excellent design sense, communication, and interpersonal skills with an ability to openly contribute ideas within a highly collaborative, diverse and multi-functional team. You will help drive Hulu's design culture by projecting design's voice into the product, driving predictability and holding the teams accountable. Do you pride yourself on relationship building? Are you someone who loves design, is invigorated by a challenge and has a pragmatic attitude towards planning and trade-offs? If so, then this is a stimulating role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Partner with Design Manager to co-run a team of designers: setting clear goals, managing bandwidth and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall project and career success
* Encourage and drive collaboration between the UX, Dev and Product Management teams and ensure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively
* Work with platform design system teams to roadmap system improvements and working with cross-team TPMs to get improvements scheduled.
* Identify UX team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc. Implement and drive required changes to make sure designers can be most efficient.
* Collaborate with design leadership, product, engineering peers and external partners to institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models and ensure a smooth product development process
* Develop and refine metrics that help gauge the happiness and health of the design team
* Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads regarding design deliverable status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities.
* Identify risks, prioritize and collaborate with partners to resolve in a timely manner.
* Insure the design teams in all offices are in collaboration with one another and all working toward a consistent design throughout the Hulu Product
WHAT TO BRING
* 5+ years experience in running a team in a program management role
* Experience in user-centered design process and design standard methodologies
* Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners
* Experience working within engineering organizations, especially working with front-end engineers and keeping them updated on design progress
* Pro-activeness in operational improvements within and outside of our team
* Shown ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and tackle problems.
* Strong familiarity design tools, graphic formats and user interface technologies
* Working knowledge of project management software and understanding of Design principles and Agile framework
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Centered Design or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience and passion working with consumer facing applications
* Loves film, tv and/or music
* Enthusiasm for Hulu, design thinking and a genuine advocacy for our viewer experience
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.