MicroPact is wholly owned subsidiary of Tyler Technologies, the largest company in North America dedicated to providing software for the public sector, including federal, state and local government. Tyler is a nationally recognized provider of integrated system solutions and professional services and serves clients in more than 21,000 installations across 10,000 state and local government locations in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico, the United Kingdom and Australia, as well as more than 200 U.S. federal agencies. Acquired by Tyler in February 2019, MicroPact has focused for more than four decades on delivering powerful, adaptive, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions to the public sector. Today, MicroPact products serve 98% of U.S. states and 97% of federal agencies with 500 or more employees.
The Software Developer performs all levels of support and enhancements for internal and external clients. They are responsible for creating new features, fixing defects and providing technical assistance for MicroPact clients in a J2EE web-based application environment for issues relating to the functionality, integration, and interoperability of the entellitrak product. An Operations Software Engineer can proficiently research problems, communicate, plan, recommend, develop and deploy solutions in a highly professional manner to clients and internal teams. Operations Software Engineer must balance multiple client issues at a time and engage in longer term development sprints and projects.
* Represents MicroPact in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current clients, suppliers and the community we serve
* Interacts and communicates effectively with a diverse group of team members, partners, clients and customers
* Adheres to Guiding Principles outlined in the Employee Manual
* Handles confidential information with tact and discretion
* Interfaces with clients to provide application support, bug fixes, and enhancements and manage client expectations
* Verifies issues and undesirable behavior, conducts troubleshooting/ resolution of advanced modifications, proposes and implements solutions
* Escalates client issues to ProdOps Management and Customer Relations Management in a timely fashion
* Gathers requirements and generates estimates for enhancements
* Manage tasks, deadlines and priorities for deliverables and maintains regular communication
* Maintains awareness of contractual obligations and hours/billing
* Strives to learn new technologies and techniques and is able to share this knowledge with the team
* Performs other duties as required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in Web Application and Relational Database (SQL Server, Oracle)
* Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures
* Analytical skills (ability to digest requirements and produce design)
* Knowledge of testing and quality control methods
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Critical thinking and problem solving capability
* Must be eligible to obtain and hold a US Government security clearance of Secret or higher
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments.