Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Service Ownership - You will be part of the Performance Engineering team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a Oracle Management CLoud services of services, with our Service Development and Operations SRE partners.
* Ownership Scope - You will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. In partnership with your Service teams, you will have the responsibility to ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on Performance , Scalability , Monitoring, Telemetry, security, resiliency, scale, and
* Service Design - You will partner with the Services Architect, Service Development and operations SRE teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture, both current and future.
* You will be an expert at articulating technical characteristics of your services and the dependencies between services, and guide service Development teams to engineer and add Service scalability capabilities to the Oracle Management Cloud services portfolio.
* You will participate in feature design reviews to ensure Monitoring, Telemetry, Reliability, Automation, and Runtime Debuggability is represented as a first class, design time priority.
* You will provide technical leadership in defining software engineering patterns, practices, and coding standards focused on increasing reliability and resilience of Oracle Management Cloud services. You will deliver code artifacts (reusable components, plug-ins, blueprints, sample code, scripts and tooling, etc.) to streamline adoption by Service development.
* Operations Engineering - You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. You are a Subject Matter Expert, able to understand and communicate every characteristic of your service stack, such as:
o Degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies.
o End-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate.
o Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors.
o Scaling requirements and patterns.
o Resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained.
* Automation - You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
* Evangelize and Educate - You will play a critical role in making the transformational culture change to an Performance/scalability mindset within Service Development.
Skills and Qualifications
* Minimum of 8-10 years of software development, with demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
* 4 years relevant experience deploying and running large scale online systems built on Cloud platforms such as Oracle Cloud, Oracle Database , AWS /Azure/OCI• Experience designing and implementing solutions for platform and application layer telemetry, monitoring, scalability, performance and reliability.
* Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA's; ITIL certification is preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal technical communications with technical and non-technical peers, customers.
* 5 years of experience
o Working in systems programming , performance, Oracle Database performance tuning and administration .
o Coding experience with Java /Python , Scripting - J-meter , Shell , Perl and Oracle PL/SQL .
o Hands-on with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture, from kernel to shell, file systems, and client-server protocols.
o Maintaining, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed services
o Building automated tools in Python, Java, GoLang, and/or Ruby.
* Experience with monitoring alerting using technologies like Prometheus,Graphana , InfluxDB
* Experience with one or more orchestration, deployment tools, e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible .
* Experience with one or more CI tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory.
* Experience with Agile software development practices.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.