Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Database High Availability (HA), Scalability and Continuous Availability product management team is comprised of a group of top-quality, high-energy, and highly experienced professionals, who handle the product management responsibilities for all the availability, data protection and scalability aspects involving the Oracle Database and the Oracle Database Cloud Services as well as the continuous availability of applications using those. Database products and functionalities that the team is directly responsible for include Data Guard, Active Data Guard, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Sharding, Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Oracle Clusterware as well as the HA interactions with Oracle Applications and Oracle Fusion Middleware. Finally, the team manages all HA aspects related to deploying Oracle Databases in the Public Cloud. Further details can be found at http://www.oracle.com/goto/availability.
As part of the team, you will be working with an elite group of software developers and product managers to assist with current initiatives around developing and marketing Oracle's next generation high availability capabilities for the Oracle Database, Oracle Exadata as well as the Oracle Database Cloud Service. In particular, you will be responsible for all product management aspects around Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) http://oracle.com/goto/maa You may also be expected to take complete product management ownership on selected areas as well as products to be released in the future. This role involves both inbound and outbound product management responsibilities.
Specific duties of this position include the following:
* Gather and validate input related to high availability, data protection as well as customer usage patterns from Oracle customers, Oracle Customer Support, Sales and Sales Consulting and write documents helping guide development
* Drive the development and launch of Oracle systems and cloud services that integrate high performance software in an optimized hardware and cloud configuration to solve challenging problems related to availability and data protection while making sure that the product functionality being built is consistent with customer expectations and helps to establish significant market leadership for Oracle compared to competing products
* Develop collateral such as technical and business white papers, success stories, data sheets, brochures, best practices and product presentations for Oracle MAA and publish those on internal and external web sites
* Maintain deep relationships with key customers; as the development advocate/sponsor for these customers, ensure their continued success with Oracle's products and in turn cultivate the relationships to develop highly effective Oracle MAA marketing references
* Evangelize Oracle's availability and data protection features and help promote Oracle MAA by presenting at Oracle user group meetings, trade shows, customer sites, industry conferences, industry analyst meetings and at the Oracle Customer Visit Center
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.