Software Application Engineer, Java
Req #: 217990
Location: Florham Park, NJ US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: None
Under general direction, design and implement application software for custom sensor and wireless communication systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop, test and maintain application software, primarily in Java and C++ on custom sensor and wireless communications systems
* Understand customer requirements to deliver needed functionality with high quality and attention to detail
* Interface with existing 3rd party software, hardware components and systems
* Integrate with visualization tools and packages including web technologies
* Perform unit, subsystem, and regression testing on software/system components
* Support system and field testing as required
* Contribute to document design, interfaces, and user interfaces
* Collaborate with multi-disciplined team on existing and new software solutions
* Travel to other CACI locations or customer sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Ability to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level necessary to perform the duties of the position
Skills and Knowledge:
* Experience with multiple scripting languages, including Perl, Python, BASH
* Experience with multi-threaded application development including concurrency control, profiling, and debugging
* Experience developing network interfaces for unreliable communications links
* Experience developing cross-platform applications including support for Linux, macOS, and Windows
* Experience with Object Oriented design, architecture and programming methods
* Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrated effective teamwork skills
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Secret clearance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline and a minimum of 2 years related experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience.
* Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
* Familiarity with communication theory, wireless protocols, signal processing, or software defined radio
* Experience with Java servlets, GWT, Protobuf, HTML/CSS
Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
US-Florham Park-NJ-NEW JERSEY METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.