343 Industries, the studio developing titles in the Halo universe, is looking for a talented services engineer to join our team working on the next installment in our franchise… Halo Infinite!
At 343 Industries, our mission is to inspire heroes and deliver wonder. The Lifecycle team owns cloud services related to matchmaking, player skill assessment, shepherding groups of players through the game's experiences, and wrangling pools of dedicated servers. We follow an agile, iterative, and quality driven software development lifecycle. We value development of unit and acceptance tests as part of feature development. We embrace DevOps and build our features to be supportable and easy to troubleshoot. We believe that main should always be shippable and features should get to our customers as frequently as possible. We are seeking talented, experienced developers who want to redefine the Halo experience through the application of modern cloud service technologies.
In addition to the standard Microsoft C#/.Net tech stack, you'd be working with a broad set of other service technologies including:
* Online Gaming Platforms (Xbox Live, PlayFab)
* Next-gen matchmaking and skill systems (in development with Microsoft Research)
* Distributed Actor Model (Orleans)
* NoSQL data management (Azure Table, Azure Cosmos DB, Redis)
* Streaming Telemetry (Azure Event Hub)
343 Industries has developed a set key studio values which simultaneously define, shape, and drive our workplace: https://www.343industries.com/studio. Candidates are expected to be familiar with these values and should be prepared to demonstrate ways in which they reflect this vision.
* 3+ years professional development experience with C#
* Exemplary design and problem-solving skills, with a proven track record of delivering large-scale distributed systems
* Experience building, debugging, shipping, monitoring, and supporting REST-based services
* Game development experience
* Experience with Azure or other cloud service technologies
* Direct experience building stress and performance tests and analyzing the results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and implement performant Azure based services and tools
* Write unit, integration, and stress tests
* Work with service team leads and production to estimate, track, and scope work across all phases of the project
* Participate in our on-call rotation
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.