Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Create new architecture for a moderate size product or a portion of a major product. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle, the world leader in Enterprise Cloud, is hiring the best and brightest technologists in the industry as we continue to add customer-centric, world-class, leading edge, secure, hyper-scale based solutions throughout all levels of the cloud stack. Oracle's cloud eco-system is the only complete business cloud platform on the planet, with market leading and business transforming solutions spanning SaaS, DaaS, PaaS and IaaS. Oracle's Cloud applications, such as Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management, Human Capital Management, and Supply Chain Management are used by thousands of customers across the globe and are the broadest, most innovative in the industry, providing businesses with adaptive intelligence, standardized business processes and competitive advantage at low cost.
As part of market leading ERP Cloud, Oracle ERP Cloud offers a broad suite of modules and capabilities designed to empower modern finance and deliver customer success with streamlined processes, increased productivity, and improved business decisions.
ERP Cloud Operations is looking for passionate, innovative, high caliber, team oriented super stars that seek being a major part of a transformative revolution in the development of modern business cloud based applications. We are seeking highly capable, best in the world developers, architects and technical leaders at the very top of the industry in terms of skills, capabilities and proven delivery; who seek out and implement imaginative and strategic, yet practical, solutions; people who calmly take measured and necessary risks while putting customers first.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide technical leadership and help drive cross-team software engineering efforts to build systems and services that improve operational efficiency, increase velocity of product delivery, and drive reliability, scale and performance.
* Participate in feature design reviews, new market planning and other cloud expansion forums to ensure Monitoring, Telemetry, Reliability, Automation, and Runtime Debuggability is represented as a first class, design time, and testing priority.
* Lead and drive focus on proactive improvements in the reliability and availability of the Oracle SaaS/ERP services to reduce the customer outage time and reduce cost in outage remediation.
* Participate in the creation and improvement of processes, patterns and practices for incident response, postmortem/root cause analysis, end-to-end repair item definition, fixes in production. This includes both customer and internal communication throughout the entire process.
* Lead critical architectural discussions across the organization in order to provide guidance on software engineering patterns and practices increasing reliability and resilience of Oracle SaaS/ERP services.
* Define implementation standards and guidelines for Oracle SaaS/ERP based on industry leading patterns and practices in the creation of high scale cloud services.
* Guide teams in core architectural decisions making for some of the largest scale distributed systems in the world ensuring that customer need, business need, and technical needs are met throughout the decision processes.
* Partner with Operations SRE to define architectures, instrumentation frameworks, and systems for Telemetry, Deployment Automation, Configuration Management as well as Monitoring, Detection, and Remediation of errors, faults and failures to ensure that what was done manually today is done by machines tomorrow.
* Provide technical leadership, and help drive cross functional team activities designing, enhancing, implementing and scaling underlying full-stack, e.g. operating platforms, technology layers and frameworks.
* Participate in industry conferences, meetups, blogs, and other forms of communication to keep Oracle current with industry best practice, and drive improvements in state-of-the-art architectures and solutions for Telemetry, Deployment Automation, Configuration Management as well as Monitoring, Detection, and Remediation of errors, faults and failures.
Skills and Qualifications
* Minimum of 10 years of software development experience, with demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
* Practical experience running large scale online systems built on Cloud platforms.
* At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing solutions for platform and application layer telemetry and monitoring.
* Experience coordinating resources across diverse teams to restore service and maintain SLA's, ITIL certification is preferred.
* Automation experience (test, integration, build/release, etc.) in a distributed environment.
* Troubleshooting skills across network, application, caching, queuing, load-balancing, storage and distributed services layers.
* Ability to analyze network and performance monitor traces, application performance problems, and Windows application and crash-dump debugging.
* Ability to conceptualize a distributed service, its dependencies and the transactional flow when troubleshooting.
* Experience providing technical leadership and architectural guidance to teams working on complex software projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical content to both technical and non-technical peers, customers, and at times, executive leadership.
* Self-driven to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of "analysis paralysis").
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.