Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Director position with the Oracle CX Unity product in Oracle Customer Experience (CX) suite.
Oracle CX Unity brings together online, offline, and third-party customer data sources to create a single, dynamic view of the customer. With built-in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, Oracle CX Unity derives and delivers timely intelligence about your customers so you can optimize their brand experience across marketing, sales, and service. Embedded within Oracle Customer Experience Cloud, Oracle CX Unity is open and extensible for integrating actionable intelligence into partner and ecosystem applications for the fastest time to value.
Learn more about the product at https://www.oracle.com/applications/customer-experience/platform/cx-unity.html
The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated, experienced leader of engineering, technically strong, energetic, highly collaborative and passionate about the product and customers.
* You will be a valued member of the CX Unity Leadership Team. You will be a key player in the success and growth of CX Unity.
* Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers.
* Manage a team of talented engineers, deploying them to the tackle the right problems at the right time.
* Be an engaged manager having credibility with engineers, and participate in technical discussions.
* Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members.
* Attract new talent as you scale the team to meet the needs of the business.
* Provide status updates to senior management as required, through the use of dashboards, reports, emails or in-person meetings.
* Align with senior management, and work to identify and drive engineering excellence initiatives.
* Identify, track, and prioritize complex issues and work with other teams to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
* BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Masters degree preferred.
* 10 years of progressive software development experience.
* 3 years experience leading large engineering teams.
* Experience building enterprise grade applications using Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Test NG, relational databases and SQL.
* Experience with high performance Web services using REST.
* Knowledge of large data technologies (Kafka, HBase, Hive, Spark etc) is a plus.
* Experience working in a continuous integration / continuous delivery development environment.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), in particular with Agile and iterative development practices and associated tools such as JIRA.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion.
* Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
* Advanced organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with proven success in delivering results in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, communicating with all levels of management and individual contributors.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.