Service Engineer 2, Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE)
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Security boundaries have changed, and identity is the new perimeter. With such a shift, there is a strong emphasis on carefully analyzing, and in many cases, hitting Refresh on the components that comprise the enterprise identity and access management platforms as we know them.
Microsoft is seeking an identity focused service engineer to join the Digital Security & Risk Engineering (DSRE) organization as we undergo the journey to ensure that the right identities get access to the right resources at the right time, protected each step of the way.
With your experience in Active Directory (AD), Azure (including Azure AD), Windows Server OS, enterprise infrastructure, and overall service health, you will help steer our own identity centric digital transformation and support hundreds of thousands of employees as they seek to empower every person on the planet to accomplish more.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
* 5 years of Active Directory, Windows Server and/or DNS Services experience
* 3 years of managing Active Directory infrastructure (i.e., domain controllers, replication)
* 3 years of enterprise scale Identity management experience
* 3 years of developing and supporting deployment/orchestration automation with PowerShell
* 5 years of extensive troubleshooting/debug experience in an enterprise Windows environment
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
Preferred, not required:
* Exposure and familiarity with Agile & SRE principles, automated deployments and build pipelines
* Desired State Configuration experience with PowerShell
* Programming experience with C#
* Drove or partnered on enterprise security hardening initiatives focused on identity technologies
* Experience with service telemetry tools such as Log Analytics and AppInsights
* Further experience with Exchange, ADFS, Certificate Management
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Provide technical engineering for a cross-functional, highly visible, operations team supporting the Identity platform for Microsoft's corporate network.
* Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability and telemetry.
* Own, triage, investigate and resolve service issues with an emphasis on broad communications, learning & teaching throughout the process
* Ability to read, write, configure, design, and script end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities for platforms. Authoring functional and technical documentation.
* Communicate on a deeply technical level with product engineering, project management and operations teams to improve and optimize products, improve infrastructure, and evolve services.
* Remain current on new technologies, methods and procedures including, but not limited to, coding practices such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.