Senior Software Engineering Manager, Custom Security Tools
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Our team, Custom Security Tools & Engineering is seeking a Senior SWE Manager who brings in deep technical and problem-solving skills, and can lead a fast-paced team, build large scale system, drive critical design initiatives, be accountable for delivery and take part in strategic and tactical decisions. Join us as we create and deliver mission critical services and processes to enable Microsoft's Identity Platform.
We build and manage applications for Microsoft's on-prem identity services and platform. The team is customer focused with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us! If you have experience working with high scale applications and services, come and share your learnings; otherwise bring your passion and willingness to learn.
As an Engineering Manager on the team, your leadership will be critical in ensuring engineering rigor and driving security innovation. You must be passionate about building secure services and will also have opportunities to nurture new ideas for additional business outcomes and deliver high quality of service. You will be leading and influencing other engineers on the team and cross group, create and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* 7+ years of software development and design experience
* 3+ years in leading an engineering team
Preferred, not required:
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Experience in Identity space or Identity Management Tools
* Demonstrate passion and ability in collaborating with external teams, partners and customers
* Design and problem-solving skills, with a strong emphasis on quality and engineering excellence
* Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas
* Experience optimizing automation, reliability and monitoring
* Customer focus and data driven approach
* End-to-end Delivery & Innovation
* Agility in fast paced environment
The ideal candidate will lead a fast-paced team, build large scale system, drive critical design initiatives, be accountable for delivery and take part in strategic and tactical decisions. In addition, candidate should be capable of leading and influencing other engineers on the team and cross group, create and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drive organizational alignment around security threats, response, and methods of resisting common compromise scenarios
* Create and manage security services with a mindset of enabling detection and response of targeted attacks and persistent adversaries
* Analyze complex problems, identify and design solutions, and make high-impact improvements in collaboration with other engineers both across the division and throughout Microsoft
* Develop large-scale integrated security services with enterprise-class quality and utilize your design, and communication skills to bring great experiences for all users
* Drive team priority and design, to write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service
* Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service, and drive analysis of outages; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
* Adhere to modern engineering practices, effective coding, writing unit test cases, debugging, code reviewing and creating CI/CD pipelines
* Work with customers and collaboration with cross team
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.