We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
Under general supervision, at a 24/7 Service Desk environment, Service Desk Specialists provide a single point of contact for all Customers with Technical issues/request/questions. Service Desk Specialists troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex software/ hardware problems. During critical system outages Service Desk Specialists provide Management and the Situation Team with business impact information necessary to make decisions. They represent the Customer during critical system outages and ensure the Customer's technical issue is fully resolved.
* Works all inbound support channels and provides a single point of contact for any technical issue, request or question that comes from the Customer.
* May require some assistance to complete the work requested from the Customer.
* Analyze the impact and urgency of the Customer's issue or request and facilitate implementation of the appropriate solutions.
* Accurately document the work performed for the Customer in the service management tool.
* Develop and document solutions to moderately complex technical issues.
* Consequences of error carry moderate risk to the organization.
* Analyze incident trends focusing on Shift Left opportunities for the Customers. Communicate to the Team shift left findings.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders.
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* BS or BA in Computer Science, or Information Systems preferred.
* Minimum 3+ years of recent and relevant Service Desk experience required.
* Practical experience working within the ITIL methodology.
* ITIL Foundations Certification required
* Proficient knowledge of support procedures, processes, and service management tools and able to work all support channels while providing effective Customer service.
* Must possess strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
* Proficient knowledge and able to support PC hardware, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Active Directory, Outlook / Exchange SMS, and MS Office Suite, iPads, smart phones.
* Proficient knowledge to support LAN, WAN, wireless networks.
* Proficient knowledge to support VDIs and Citrix.
* Basic knowledge of business applications and their impact on business functions.
* Accurate problem diagnosis and ability to resolve moderately complex IT problems rapidly and effectively.
* Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
* Ability to work nights, holidays, and/or weekends to meet the needs of the operation in a call center type environment.
* Must exhibit proper support channel etiquette.
* Job is performed in a fixed position/work station for extended periods of time.
* Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please print/save the job description because it won't be available after you apply.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.