A Sr. RPA (Robotics Process Automation) Developer in the Enterprise Automation Team is responsible for leading the design, testing and delivery of RPA solutions for internal Customers across the company. Sr. RPA developers serve as subject matter experts in the RPA development space; will work with RPA developers, RPA consultants and the business Customers to ensure understanding of the business process being automated, solid technical design of the automation, expected test results, and successful implementation in a production environment.
* Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
* May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
* Works on moderately complex RPA projects, collaborating with Colleagues to understand business processes quickly, and recommend solutions with assistance from peers
* Works closely with the RPA consultants and our internal business Customers to assess automation opportunities from technical perspective; plays an informal lead role to other RPA developers
* Leverages strong problem solving and technical skills to design and develop optimal solutions
* Prepare and execute test plans to ensure RPA code is producing desired results
* Works closely will our Technology organization to ensure: proper test environments are available, security protocols are adhered to, necessary bot / automation performance
* Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, Math, Science, or Statistics preferred
* Advanced degree preferred. Degree in Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Business, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Information Systems, Math, Science, or Statistics preferred
* 8 years of Programming or general technology development experience with Bachelor's degree required OR 7 years of Programming or general technology development experience with Advanced degree required.
* Strong expertise in MS stack (SQL, vb.net -or-c#, MVC) preferred
* Project Management experience preferred
* Experience with business process understanding, business process mapping, and business process re-engineering preferred
Strong communication skills
* Works collaboratively and partners well with other teams and individuals across the company
* Creative problem solver with natural curiosity
* Communicates Effectively at all levels of the organization
* Expresses thoughts and facts in a clear and concise way
* Recognizes information that is relevant to others and informs them in a timely manner and in an appropriate format
* Fully responds to requests and questions and is proactive in pre-empting questions
* Shows personal commitment to increase knowledge and takes action to continually improve self and the Team
* Participates in assignments that broaden capabilities
* Seeks out available team and company resources
Capacity and Independence
* Must be proficient in engaging in and leading multiple projects simultaneously
* Must be able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
* Must be comfortable with ambiguity and achieve productivity in an unstructured environment through thoughtful question-asking, self-structuring, creative ingenuity, and self-management
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is a major U.S. airline and low-cost carrier.