As a Senior UI Engineer in Flexera's Front-end Engineering team, you will be a leader that drives our technical strategy and the creative spark that finds ways to solve real, challenging industry problems.
Flexera gives companies clarity into their technology "black hole," helping business leaders turn IT insight into action. With a portfolio of integrated solutions and products that deliver unparalleled technology insights, spend optimization and agility, Flexera helps enterprises realize IT's full potential to accelerate their business.
As part of a central UI team that spans the US, UK, Europe and Australia, you will be part of a technology forward team building and transforming products within Flexera's suite. You will get insight to cloud, big data infrastructure and how to best build front-end capabilities to support Flexera's architecture.
We are developing with some of the most modern front-end technologies, including React, Redux, TypeScript and Styled Components, working closely with Flexera's design and product teams to continue to build on our "one source of truth" Component Library that we have just released to NPM.
We are continuing our growth across the globe with new editions to the front-end team in 2019.
Our products will give customers the visibility they need to be prepared for financial, operational and security events. The front-end team will be key in building the clean and smart UI for these products. An exciting time to get involved!
* Use your expertise to define an ambitious technical roadmap for UI
* Prove your creativity by working alongside product owners and designers to identify and prototype new use cases and features
* Demonstrate your passion and skill in the design and construction of beautiful, robust and secure UI applications
* Work in CD environments to continuously deploy features
* Lead by example and mentor team of front-end developers, working collaboratively with back-end developers, designers, testers and stakeholders
* Become familiar with, and contribute to, all aspects of Flexera engineering products and best practices
* Confidently promote our team's principles and culture across the organization
To be successful a senior UI engineer you will need to have some (if not all) of the following attributes:
* Highly skilled in modern JS Framework (React preferred)
* Thorough knowledge of TypeScript, ECMAScript 2018 & build tools
* A proven and respected engineer with 5+ years' experience in the delivery of successful applications at impressive scale
* Previous experience of the implementation of secure and responsive web applications
* High regard for maintaining test quality of Unit and E2E tests
* High understanding of accessibility
* Experience building progressive web apps
* Comfortable with modern SCM for various types of development life cycle
* An understanding of containerisation and microservices architecture
The following personal qualities are desired:
* Passionate about self-learning and active in the (local or online) tech community
* Highly motivated and relentless in solving problems
* Demonstrates a natural creativity in completing technical tasks
* Prepared to go the extra mile when the team is up against it
* Achieves the right balance of confidence and respect
* Exemplifies leadership and challenges the status-quo when necessary
The role will offer you in return:
* A rare opportunity to be part of a high-performance team and contribute to brand across a suite of products
* A team which values trust and community
* We encourage continuous development with access to Pluralsight, as well as facilitating conference attendance and training courses as needed
* Significant responsibility while remaining completely rooted in the technology
* Opportunity to build a green-field solution on modern cloud architecture using the most advanced engineering principles
* Weekly check-ins with your front-end manager to help mentor your career path
* A highly competitive salary with annual bonus
Exceptional candidates who do not meet some of the above criteria may be considered if they have relevant alternative experience.
Flexera is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Flexera designs and develops application software.