Jacobs Mission Operations Group (MOG) provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business markets. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, MOG's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions.
The Senior Appian Developer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of various applications built using the Appian Business Process Modeling framework. This individual will be responsible for the following:
* Configuring solution applications, process models, business rules, user interfaces, and reports
* Execute unit, integration, system, regression and other testing as needed
* Provide production support for various Appian applications
* Design Appian solutions from the ground up using established best practices
* Appian development subject matter expertise
* Create functional and technical documentation
* Designs and implements integration methods with other existing Appian and non-Appian systems
Additionally, this individual will take part in the following activities as secondary responsibilities:
* Application Help Desk Support
* Incident Management
* Requirements Analysis
* Coordinating with Oracle database developers
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, etc) and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive experience.
* Requires 2-4 years of experience working with Appian
* Candidate must display proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio)
* Ability to work both independently as well as within a team.
* Ability to follow directions, take ownership of work, and meet deliverables/deadlines.
* Ability to understand complex federal acquisitions processes from a transactional point of view
Preferred, but not required, skillsets
* Oracle Database 11g/12c, SQL, PL/SQL
* Experience with the project lifecycle development process (analysis, design, code, test, migrate)
Client office, on-site, Bethesda, MD
Conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro Station
We are not offering sponsorship with this opportunity.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.