"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Privacy Analyst to provide on-site support in Arlington VA.
Duties will include:
* Applies thorough knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, FISMA, OMB guidance, NIST guidance, and related laws and regulations to provide a variety of services supporting FDIC's Privacy Program staff.
* Provides expert and specialized guidance, and solutions to complex privacy issues.
* Conducts research and evaluates emerging privacy issues, interprets privacy-related requirements and provides analytical reviews and recommendations of such.
* Performs privacy assessments of systems in accord with FDIC policies and procedures, as well as government regulations and industry best practices.
* Has knowledge of the various aspects of information technology as demonstrated by significant experience in the application of computer technology, requirements definition, systems analysis, computer programming, and production scheduling and control/computer operations.
* Has knowledge of computer software and hard ware support requirements such as access control, encryption software, and anti-virus protection software.
* Has a detailed understanding of internal controls, risk assessments, business processes, and IT control testing and audit fieldwork.
* Has the ability to analyze, conceptualize and organize in order to identify and evaluate privacy requirements, develop solutions, and organize effective efforts to implement effective solutions.
* Additionally, has the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide audience, including senior FDIC staff and other federal agency management, the GAO, and the OIG.
* General Experience: Includes eight (8) years of experience in the review, audit, and/or risk-based assessment of systems and business processes for privacy and/or information security related issues at progressively increasing levels of responsibility.
* Specialized Privacy Experience: six (6) years of experience in Privacy directly related to the interpretation and application of the requirements/mandates stipulated in the Privacy Act of 1974 the E-Govt Act of 2002, and pertinent OMB guidance, including the development and conduct of Privacy Impact Assessments, the development and publication of System of Records notices and Privacy Act Statements, responding to incidents related to the breach of PII, and user awareness activities focusing on Privacy.
* Information Technology Experience: Two (2) years of experience in the application of computer technology, requirements definition, systems analysis, computer programming, testing, or quality assurance activities.
* BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Education Substitution: An advanced degree in Information Systems, Business, Computer Science, or other related scientific or technical discipline may be considered equivalent to two (2) years generalized and two (2) years information security specialized experience. Certificates such as the IAPP CIPP or CIPP/G may be considered equivalent to two (2) years of general experience and two (2) years of privacy experience.
* Experience with breach response and remediation activities.
* CIPP, CIPT or CIPM Certifications
* Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio, and MS Project;
* Working knowledge of the Privacy Act of 1974, E-Government Act of 2002 privacy provisions, OMB Circular A-130, and other privacy-related OMB memoranda;
* Experience in data privacy issues in the federal government environment;
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.