Samsara's network of hardware devices delivers terabytes of data per day to our IoT platform, providing real time data to 5000+ customers worldwide, from emerging businesses to Fortune 500 enterprises.
With our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers can access detailed information about their commercial fleets and industrial centers. They use features like realtime GPS tracking, aggregate analytics reporting, and alerting for suspicious behavior to better understand and optimize their operations.
TPMs at Samsara are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
As a senior technical program manager on our infrastructure team, you will:
* Drive execution through rapid iteration with engineering and product leaders.
* Proactively identify and prioritize long term strategic infrastructure issues and investments and work with leadership to prioritize, build plans, and execute.
* Remove roadblocks and identify efficiencies to help the engineering teams run faster.
* Lead cross team and cross-functional projects and initiatives of tactical and strategic importance. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
* Interface with engineers, engineering managers, product design, and product management to keep projects on track and everyone aligned to strategic goals.
* Actively work with stakeholders to keep priorities clear and enable engineering team to focus on projects that drive the most business value.
* Communicate broadly to engineering and senior leadership on goals, progress, and process efficiencies.
* Teach and drive program management best practices throughout the organization.
* Mentor other Technical Program Managers.
An ideal candidate:
* Has experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver highly complex projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
* Is able to communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to diverse audiences.
* Operates autonomously in situations of ambiguity with high level direction.
* Has BS or MS degree in Computer Science or prior engineering experience *or relevant experience* and 3+ years of experience in program or project management.
* Cross team and cross-functional effort to improve our platform to support organizations with thousands of vehicles and drivers.
* Identify pain points and inefficiencies in microservice development and monitoring across our teams and develop and plan to improve and measure.
* Develop and manage the plan to stand up additional instances of our backend infrastructure in additional geographic regions to support our international market expansion.
* Define, coordinate, and drive execution of enterprise feature development, security improvements, API development, and scalability needs for some our largest customers.
* Drive initiative to improve API consistency and feature parity across teams and product areas as part of an initiative to make Samsara a more compelling platform for 3rd party developers.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is a company that provides a software-centric solution for sensor models.