Samsara's network of hardware devices is a scalable cloud-connected sensor platform that collects and stores observations about the world in near real-time. Through our cloud dashboard and mobile app, customers gain real-time visibility and drive efficiencies into their commercial fleet and industrial center operations.
At Samsara, we value aligning small teams with customer use cases and giving the independence needed to quickly deliver impactful solutions. Your team builds and maintains the software that runs on our Vehicle Gateway which collects and interprets information from various sensors and onboard buses in every vehicle Samsara supports, and sending that data back to our cloud backend. Your team will take on challenges ranging from interpreting new sources of data to improving over-the-air update and configuration processes, to helping design new products that interface with the gateway.
As an engineering manager, you will lead a team of 5-10 engineers to deliver customer-driven solutions. The ideal candidate for engineering manager has a successful background as an engineer but also understands the value of team culture, communication, and collaboration. Successful managers will develop individual contributors based on their needs and interests as well as the needs of the company, as well as:
* Conducting regular 1-1s and giving performance evaluations
* Working with Product Management to prioritize feature development
* Building roadmaps, engineering plans, and schedule estimates
* Performing code reviews and ensuring proper design and delivery of major features
* Promoting best practices and establishing team processes
* Fostering a culture of continuous improvement
* Identifying infrastructure and architectural investment needs
* Coaching & mentoring software engineers
* Recruiting, hiring, and building teams to keep up with demand of a growing company
* And still coding on occasion to keep your sanity
We use Golang and C/C++ for our embedded software development. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
An ideal candidate:
* Understands the value of team culture, communication, and teamwork
* Has demonstrated experience delivering embedded products, leading teams, and managing engineers
* Has excellent written and verbal technical communication skills
* Enjoys understanding users and what makes their day to day easier
* Loves shipping features that are immediately used by our customers
* Seeks to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
If you are excited by the idea of working at a fast-growing company, being constantly challenged by and learning from high-caliber engineers, owning and shaping product development, and ultimately growing a world-class engineering team, we'd love to have you join our team! This position is based in our San Francisco office.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution.