Hulu is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that's powering play.
Hulu runs one of the largest video ad serving systems on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and over a billion ads served per month. Before being served to a Hulu viewer, each one of these ads goes through a sophisticated workflow involving sales and planning, targeting, trafficking, and quality control, to deliver maximum value to our advertisers while maintaining an engaging overall experience for Hulu viewers. As the biggest video ad platform in the U.S., we have to create a lot of technology approaches to maximize efficiency, performance, quality, and flexibility. We utilize a diverse array of languages and frameworks take on problems ranging from predicting traffic patterns and advertising inventory to building custom innovative advertising formats.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Design and lead implementation on projects to enhance and extend Hulu's existing ad platform
* Lead and influence design improvements to improve the interaction between ad serving systems and the rest of Hulu's service and client infrastructure
* Coach and mentor our engineers on the team to assure that all software conforms to the highest quality standards
* Identify and drive improvements in engineering standard methodologies across the Ad Platform team to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency
* Work multi-functionally with engineers on teams across the Hulu organization to ensure that advertising works perfectly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow smoothly into reporting and financial systems
* Partner with the Product and Advertising teams to understand their business needs and design unique and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
WHAT TO BRING
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of best-in-class software development experience; at least 2 years with backend, service-oriented architecture
* Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, and data structures
* Experience working with one or more industry-leading database platforms, preferably both relational and non-relational systems
* Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design
* Great communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
* Adept proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Java, C#, Python, etc.)
* Experience with a workflow engine. e.g. MuleSoft, Camunda, etc.
hulu is an online video service offering hit shows, movies and documentaries through its website and other destination sites.