Search for more jobs
Senior Technical Program Manager - Commercial Software
* Job: 19246-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Program Management
Would you like to join a dynamic development team that is developing cutting-edge analysis techniques for a dynamic language? Do you want to work with commercial software products that make the world a better place? If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager you will be a part of a highly skilled, dedicated team focused on delivering our flagship product MATLAB. Our software is used by millions of engineers for algorithm development, data analysis, and numeric computation.
The Senior Software Program Manager will be a trusted member of the leadership team who stays informed on issues that face the projects, and collaborates on strategy and plans to address them. You will join a team that nurtures individual growth, encourages initiative, and values teamwork.
Successful candidates will join an engineering team that shares a passion for getting things done and delivering well crafted, high quality C++ code. The technology our group develops is critical to the continued success of MATLAB and over a million MATLAB users will benefit from your work.
* Coordinate, and influence cross-functional collaboration between Engineering, Product Marketing, Quality Engineering, User Experience, and Documentation teams to help them plan, track and execute complex, cross organizational programs while maintaining focus on building the right things at the highest levels of quality.
* Use process improvement methodologies, such as Lean, to continuously assess and improve the software development lifecycle of development teams and the organization.
* Conceive, initiate and execute programs to handle issues, challenges and opportunities that face the development teams - and be able to manage a number of projects, and priorities at a time.
* Measure impact and establish metrics for programs to manage risks and make informed decisions on subsequent actions.
* Mentor other members of the Program Management and Product Development Teams.
* A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Experience in developing commercial software products
* Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science
* Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, and tenacious; able to deal with uncertainty and change
* Ability to influence others in order to get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them
* Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development programs from initiation through delivery
* Experience with process improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean)
* Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for engineering development, test development and execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
* Experience with MATLAB Products
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.