Search for more jobs
Software Engineer in Test - Online Learning
* Job: 21374-BHIL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Quality Engineering
Come join a small, high-energy quality engineering team responsible for building tests and infrastructure to deliver a highly available, engaging online learning platform for technical computing. This platform includes applications like MATLAB Grader and Cody as well as infrastructure that powers MATLAB-based courses on several of the leading MOOC & learning management platforms like edX, Blackboard, & Canvas. Successful candidates will possess the curiosity and passion to drive innovation and production quality throughout the software development life cycle, from design to operations.
* Design and implement novel test strategies for distributed microservices architectures
* Apply data analytics and automated learning techniques to record, replay, and identify anomalies in production traffic
* Define service-level objectives and validate non-functional characteristics
* Develop reproducible, intuitive automation for cloud infrastructure and configuration management
* Drive product direction for customer experience and testability
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Programming experience in object oriented design
* Demonstrated experience with browser-based testing (Mocha, Puppeteer, Selenium)
* Experience with Ruby on Rails or Node.js
* Public cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Experience with Linux containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Large-scale non-functional testing (Gatling, JMeter, Locust)
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.