Akamai's Platform Engineering group is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to plan, communicate, execute, and drive business, strategic, and technical programs within the group and across Akamai. In this role, you manage one or more top priority programs, supporting design, development, integration, and quality assurance activities, directly contributing to achieving Akamai's goals and objectives. If you want visibility and accountability - this is the role for you.
To succeed in this role, you must excel at problem solving, be comfortable in and around technical work, be an organized self-starter, and capable of leading change. You will effectively apply internal standards, plan new work, share the results of ongoing work, and facilitate communications between teams while also considering the big picture.
* Use project management methodologies and best practices to ensure the successful delivery of large and complex projects, programs, and releases.
* Coordinate initiatives across key stakeholders to create workload forecasts, program scope, priorities, and requirements.
* Develop, edit, maintain, and publish program and project documentation including schedules, risk management reports, dependencies, and resource estimates for various initiatives.
* Communicate results of work and program status, including regular program review material.
* Identify areas of risk and opportunity, manage conflicts, and collaboratively create mutually acceptable solutions.
* Develop strong partnerships with engineering and management professionals and program stakeholders across the organization.
* Lead strategic internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve methodologies
* Support the advancement of the Program Management profession within Akamai
About the Team
The Akamai Intelligent Platform® is the leading cloud platform for delivering secure, high-performing user experiences to any device, anywhere. It reaches globally and delivers locally, providing the ubiquity required to scale reliably and to adapt quickly to changes.
The Platform Engineering organization is a technical organization of 450 people who innovate and develop the Intelligent Platform, and enable the success and ongoing innovation of Akamai's Product Development Group. This team's software provides fundamental services that operate Akamai's globally distributed network of servers. The team is charged to innovate and develop new software systems and system enhancements that ensure that Akamai's systems operate effectively and optimally when globally
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent or
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree
* 6 + years of experience as a technical program manager/project manager
* 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or its equivalent
* Ability to lead aspects of the Agile Transformation effort
* Detailed understanding of the software development lifecycle and experience managing complex technical software programs across teams
* Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources
* Action oriented, capable of multitasking well, and able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
* Ability to navigate industry standard SDLC tools, including Confluence and JIRA
* Scrum training
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to interface and collaborate with multiple teams and functions
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.