Cubic Mission Solutions
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Provide technical leadership and systems engineering management for a project team. Apply systems engineering processes and skills to systematically convert customer needs into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Responsible for systems planning, system and lower level requirements development, system design, analyses and trade studies, hardware/software design oversight, system integration, system level test, and subcontractor technical management/oversight. Prove input and support for project risk management activities. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide technical oversight on a given project
* Estimate, plan, schedule, and execute systems engineering activities
* Develop and manage the system requirements
* Allocate system requirements to subsystem and oversee development/refinement of lower-level
* Define operational concepts for a training system
* Perform analyses and trade studies as necessary to aid in the selection of system concepts
* Integrate specialty engineering disciplines into a project team
* Direct a project team to define and document the system architecture and design
* Influence hardware and software designs to ensure compliance with requirements and system
* Perform hardware/software integration planning and oversee activities
* Perform system level test planning and oversee test implementation
* Interface with both internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, program management, quality, finance, business development, services, sub-contractors, end users and customers.
* Perform technical risk management activities
* Support engineering activities for proposal efforts
* Monitor, mentor, and train less experienced systems engineers
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline, plus five years of related experience, or an applicable Master's degree with three years of related experience. Experience in creating, analyzing, documenting and testing system and subsystem designs. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to use personal computer software such as spreadsheets and word processing programs and requirement management database tool. Mental ability to perform engineering problem solving and analytical tasks. Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance, if necessary.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.