What you'll be doing...
As our Systems Consultant, you will be part of the Global Project Management Organization and will be responsible for activities in support of Networking, Advanced Communications and Outsourced Solutions and Global Project Management reporting, and custom Global Integrated Deal software and application development. Primary responsibilities will be for supporting the methodology and maturity in the use of Computer Associates Clarity tool, creating and maintaining Global Project Management metrics reporting, obtaining and managing Global Project Management data, and custom tool and interface development.
You will also responsible to support Global Project Management metrics, user interfaces, and database management of staffing, certifications and customer satisfaction information for the organization. Included in your role is the creation or customization of reports, creation of user interfaces to databases, requirements support, data analysis and custom software and application development. The Global Project Management functions supported include Configuration Management Databases, inventory management, ports management, Customer Service Record conversion support, change management, reporting, billing and document management, and required tool development and maintenance, interfaces to multiple operations systems, and feeds of data for Global Project Management customers to Nautical applications.
You will assist with defining Global Project Managementand customer requirements, and then translating those requirements into tools to automate repeatable tasks and deliverables and save headcount costs. You will also ensure all tools developed can produce the applicable management reports.
* Support the Clarity tool implementation.
* Create, maintain, and enhance Global Project Management reporting, metrics and relevant databases using a variety of software tools.
* Create, maintain, and enhance web-based tools for custom Global Integrated deals.
* Organize and attend relevant Global Project Management automation meetings.
* Create and maintain requirements documentation.
* Create and maintain development action item logs.
* Create and obtain sign off on tool design documents.
* Execute agreed tool designs.
* Test to ensure design meets requirements
* Provide overview/training on new Global Integrated Dealtools.
* Provide support for development of fixes and/or enhancements.
* Create management reports for GlobalIntegrated Dealtools/databases.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Four or more years of work experience in a systems development role.
* Proficiency in Business Objects, Ruby on Rails and MySql/MariaDB.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access (including MS Office Suite 2010/2013).
* Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft SharePoint.
* Ability to be a structured, logical thinker, dependable and flexible.
* Ability to work independently and with multiple groups and organizations
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Demonstrated experience with verbal and written communications.
* Familiarity with Customer Premise Equipment and network elements.
* Experience in Service Management related to Network, Managed Services, Customer Premiste Equipment, Security, Applications, Hosted Services, IT Services, Unified Communications.
* Expertise in full systems development lifecycle process.
* Proficiency in Business Objects
* Databases: MySql/MariaDB, Oracle.
* Databases: server administration, create scripts and stored procedures.
* Programming: Ruby (2.x), Rails Framework (4.x) (MVC).
* OS: Linux/Unix.
* Web server: Apache, Nginx, Phusion Passenger.
* Development: IDE - Eclipse, Rubymine, Aptana. Linux or UNIX Shell scripts, cron jobs.
* Version Control: Subversion, Git.
* Utilities: GIMP, diff, hexdump.
* Analysis and design: Object Oriented UML using one of these: Rational Rose, TogetherSoft, Visual Paradigm, other.
* Object-oriented programming.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.