What you'll be doing...
VCP HQ planning role includes responsibilities for virtualization resource planning, infrastructure financial analysis, and evaluating external vendors and collaborating with internal partners. This role requires significant amount of coordination with both internal Planning, Product and Operations teams as well as external partners (VNF and infrastructure vendors) to research, develop and manage the various Verizon Cloud Platform roadmaps. The role will also involve business operations functions such as TCO modeling, facilitating capital projections and budget management activities as well as evolving legacy business processes. Where needed, this role will support other key business efforts (driving better infrastructure utilization, initial onboarding of new applications etc.).
* Analyzing and forecasting capacity requirements.
* Evaluating storage, compute and memory requirements against current hardware capabilities.
* Identify opportunities to reduce cost and expedite the delivery of cloud services.
* Design and architect new cloud products and services to meet the needs of the business.
* Gather, analyze and manage application vendor features and services as well as demand and capacity across all of the Verizon Cloud Platform's (VCP) global infrastructure.
* Build tools for infrastructure / resource planning.
* Research and use case development for VCP applications and services.
* Conduct financial analysis on various infrastructure investment decisions and negotiations.
* Create and deliver presentations for executive management on infrastructure team strategy and initiatives.
* Budget management and group financial planning.
* Aggressively seek opportunities to introduce automation solutions that are efficient and scalable in order to improve our ability to deploy and maintain our virtualized global infrastructure.
* Conduct research and site selection for new data center sites and growing existing sites.
* Maintain and negotiate with internal partners and external vendors.
* Support business development initiatives (i.e. partnerships, pilots).
* Define our partner deployment strategy and work cross-functionally to implement it.
* Conduct market research on data, voice and wireless infrastructure trends.
* Define engineering thresholds at an application and infrastructure level.
* Compile and analyze documentation regarding various infrastructure build and costs.
* Work closely with cross functional teams (i.e. Planning, Engineering and Operations) and collaborate on optimal solutions for current and future VCP projects.
* Apply a working knowledge of an "Agile Mindset" and leverage your ability to adapt quickly to fluid environments.
* Drive technology, operational and cost innovation within the team and with broader stakeholders.
* Manage the complete VCP Product Lifecycle.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Product management experience or managing overall roadmaps.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
* Knowledge of Verizon's wireline and wireless networks and services.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive teams to consensus.
* Experience with Public and Private Cloud Services.
* Knowledge of Openstack, storage, compute and container technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.