What you'll be doing...
The Enterprise Architecture group is seeking aSeniorManager to play a critical, client-facing role that interacts with multiple application teams with the goal of creating the next generation architecture for Verizon business group.
Candidate will specifically be engaged in the defining the NorthStar architecture framework, ensuring the business priorities are addressed using the technology architecture. You will also be responsible to design/architect the technical enablers to achieve these business goals and should have vision to define the reference architecture which will address future business needs.
As a member of the Verizon Enterprise Architecture team, the SeniorManager willprovide overall strategic direction to the team responsible for Verizon Business Group. Candidate will lead a team of Enterprise architects which will help defining, implementing and maintaining the architecture runway and functional domains of a large portfolio of systems and to analyze, prioritize, and execute the rationalization and modernization plans to generate significant savings and efficiencies
The candidate develops clear goals for the team and aligns the business benefits behind them to drive results; focuses on enabling the team to make decisions and demonstrates support for their team. Driving large E2E solutions for new initiatives impacting customerexperience in Enterprise, Wholesale, Business Market and Wireless B2B stacks.
Candidate will design and architecture efforts across multiple functional teams to analyze the requirements and defining the end-to-end architecture and getting it implemented, tested and deployed. The candidate will need to regularly interface with senior management and executive level clients to ensure architectural decisions align with business directions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or related field.
* Ten or more years of IT experience, with seven or more years of experience in Enterprise Technology architecture and with experience in one or more of the domains from Experience, API, Data, AIML and Cloud.
* Experience as a senior Architect or architecture lead.
* Seven or more years of experience in Telecom Industry Enterprise Architecture.
* Strong demonstrable management experience with leading software developers/architects, systems or process analysts.
* Knowledge with Verizon business group Ordering, Contracting, Billing, Case management and other strategic systems.
* Knowledge of Wireless B2B, VES, VPS, VBM organizations.
* Ability to broker solutions for issues between functional domains, senior leaders.
* Experience with network principles in multiple areas: Wireline & wireless networks, RF transmission techniques, optical transmission, IP routing and protocols, PON and wireline access technologies, etc., experience in engineering / operations in large network deployments, SME knowledge in one or multiple network domains
* Experience in defining and driving Cloud migration and strategy.
* Experience with AI and Machine Learning.
* Experience business intelligence technologies, Data analysis
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution.
* Ability to create system and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
* Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.