At AT&T, we push the boundaries of innovation, bringing the world together in unimaginable ways. As technology is further integrated into all aspects of our lives, protecting and securing our data is now more important than ever. Our Software Engineering teams are dedicated to building innovative and secure solutions to protect what's important to our customers and employees. From enabling better security to designing and implementing process automation, here's your chance to bring proactive solutions to our rapidly changing industry.
Our Flex Force team at AT&T is the largest and fastest growing organization in Technology Development. We invest in our most valuable resource, our people, to drive mission critical software delivery efforts for our business partners across AT&T. Whether building out our 5G software defined network, transforming an advertising business, analyzing data to predict network performance, improving our world class digital experiences for Mobility, or driving our Entertainment business to an over the top model, AT&T and Flex Force is leading the way.
The Senior Systems Engineer - Testing Architect will be responsible for establishing and leading quality technology standards, including processes and frameworks. The Testing Architect will have to lead the quality and testing process from the early stages of definition into execution and acceptance at the end of the cycle. The scope of this position is very broad and requires experience in Network, Cloud, Mobile and Web applications. The Testing Architect will be accountable for the continued adoption of leading industry testing technologies as new approaches and tools emerge. This position includes cross-functional interaction with developers (who develop the automatic tests) and product managers. It is essential that the Testing Architect is a leader and mentor in advanced technology standards and methodologies to identify risk areas, ensure quality, and mentor the development teams to acquire the necessary skills.
* Works across multiple scrum teams and owns their overall testing roadmaps from test strategy to test acceptance.
* Defines and overseesqualityautomation strategy for all deliverables.
* Mentors developers for Quality First, to ensure proper alignment of testing methodologies.
* Represents testing and quality views in the development life cycle evolution to ensure enablement of testing at all levels (Unit, Component, Integration, E2E).
* Delivers and maintains a technical roadmap for automated testing solutions capable of being used for both servers and clients.
* Partners with the developmentteams on the technical automation roadmap and gains buy-in from them for shared use of automation testing assets across the project.
* Enforces quality standards while mentoring engineers on the technologies and standards.
* Drives the vision for any modifications of standards in reaction to projects unique or technologically complex needs.
* Provides support to engineers for both framework contributions and test case scripts. This role is the first and final gatekeeper for reviews and approvals in testing matters, when needed.
* Researches and recommends on testing approaches to ensure high-quality deliverables meet stated requirements.
* Delivers and adheres to project and task-related schedules that will be developed in support of software testing goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
* Proven experience in leading testing methodologies and strategies
* Experience in software testing of large and complex systems (including planning, design, implementation, and monitoring)
* Ability to analyze releases content and testing scope
* Experience in defining and writing test automation
* Experience in several test automation tools
* Familiarity with CI/CD process
* Familiarity with TDD
* Experience in software development and related coding skills
* Experience leading and mentoring teams in Agile testing standards
* Strong experience in Agile processes
* Familiar with tools including: JIRA/Git/Docker/Jenkins/Maven
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong mentoring abilities
* Assertive leader
* Proactive and innovate
* Highly passionate about doing work with a high degree of accuracy
Job ID 1916237-3 Date posted 06/12/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.