AT&T is leading the way to the future - for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120 million customers, we'd say we're well on our way. Together, we've built a premier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work and grow.
In this role, you'll support AT&T's Digital Life Service organization and provide timely service to our customers in relation to Home Monitoring, Home Automation & Control, Home Healthcare, Personal Energy Management and other applications. Your ability to act with a high sense of urgency and strong attention to detail will ensure that our customers receive the appropriate level of support in response to critical events.
In addition to monitoring alarm systems and dispatching responders, you'll address a broad spectrum of customer needs associated with their account activity. You'll feel empowered to make decisions independently, without direction from others and with the appropriate level of customer support. This role will also require you to:
* Address business inquiries, quality concerns, billing questions, process deviation requests (both temporary and permanent) and technical product support.
* Notify appropriate authorities and adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions.
* Independently provide customers with basic life-saving direction over the phone until dispatched emergency responders arrive on scene.
* Submit to and maintain all required Federal, State and Local jurisdictional licensing requirements. This includes attending required trainings and timely research on the documentation of personal history when requested by the Agency Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
Key Competencies and Skills:
* Understanding of basic emergency care
* Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and Internet
* Experience troubleshooting technical problems with customers over the phone
* Ability to exercise strong judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
* Retain and understand basic medical life-saving concepts and deliver life-saving steps over the phone during customer's medical emergencies
* Must possess strong decision-making skills and the ability to analyze problems with great attention to detail
* 6 months of customer experience in a call center environment preferred
* Valid driver's license
* Availability to work a flexible schedule which includes all hours of call center operation in a 24/7 environment, with or without reasonable accommodation
* Alarm industry monitoring call center experience preferred
* Previous basic Emergency Medical (EMT/Red Cross Basic Life Saving, etc.) training preferred
* Fluency in Spanish is desired
* Ability to sit for long periods while monitoring PC screens (without requirement of excessive mobility)
* Employment dependent upon ability to obtain and hold all state and local jurisdictional security industry licenses in which monitoring services will be provided
Career possibilities are limitless with AT&T. Ready to get started? Apply now to be a part of our award-winning team!
Job ID 1931376 Date posted 06/21/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.