There are 20+ million developers worldwide, over half of whom use Windows to develop every day. Do you want to help them achieve more?
The Developer Platform team works on core technology for developers regardless of the underlying technology they choose. Folks on our team share a great passion for openness, efficiency and data-focused learning to improve the developer experience. The work we do spans across teams and involves innovating core experiences for the developer. Our team focuses on data, measuring success and providing the team direction. We're working in the open in github on various projects including the Windows Terminal, Windows Subsystem for Linux and Windows UI. Check out our Terminal Blog and our Windows Developer Blog to see the team's activities.
As our team continues in our pursuit, we are looking for new team members who want to join us in the mission and help developers achieve more.
* Degree in Computer Science, EE or 4+ years of software development experience
* Broad understanding of data & telemetry systems; ability to demonstrate use of data to influence technical/business decisions
* Broad understanding of the developer workflows and developer tools ecosystem
* Passion for working with developers and advocating for their requirements to be met by features
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Defining and measuring our success metrics
* Working with teams across Microsoft to improve components and tools
* Improving the fundamentals of the platform
* Creating new tools and prototypes to help data gathering
* Providing our teams with insights based on data
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.