The Human Resources Business Insights (HRBI) Team supports Microsoft HR's global businesses by applying a data driven decision making approach to Microsoft's most important asset - our people. We currently have an opening for an Analytics Program Manager on the team creating and maintaining the self-service reporting and analytic tools that Microsoft HR teams around the globe use for making evidence-based people decisions. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to create the data models that will help transform Microsoft HR's decision-making capabilities.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and capable of juggling multiple initiatives simultaneously often with short time constraints. They can flex and reprioritize to adjust to changing business conditions. They have a background working with or supporting BI tools, primarily data models, and are comfortable communicating with individuals with technical backgrounds including engineering project managers, software engineers and solution architects. They have experience with vendor management and leading geographically dispersed project teams.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Architecture, or a similar field of study
* 5+ years verifiable experience as a business intelligence developer (preferably in an HR setting)
* Experience with Azure Data Bricks, Azure Analysis Services and Azure SQL databases. Experience in Power BI or a similar data visualization tool is preferred.
* Ability to perform code reviews of data models to ensure quality and to ensure it meets compliance and security requirements
* Experience with vendor management and working with geographically dispersed project teams
* Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
* Experience in working or supporting HR organization (preferred)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop a deep understanding of HR business and their needs for decision making tools
* Translate business needs into technical requirements for data models with focus on scalable design, performance and security
* Partner with co-workers and our IT counterparts in the prioritization of work items to identify the scope for the vendor team
* Lead the vendor team to develop data models that meet the coding standards and guidelines defined by our IT partners
* Effectively plan and communicate with IT partners to deploy the data models in the production environment in a timely manner
* Define the metrics for measuring the success of the project, develop and present the metrics quarterly to the leadership team
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.