Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Software Engineer (Web Products)
Web Products is part of Opower, a start-up that was acquired by Oracle. The Web Product teams are reinventing the consumer experience for the utility industry by crafting utility-branded web applications that bring the utilities on par with state-of-the-art web development. These applications provide an intuitive interface for consumers to understand their energy usage and receive personalized tips on ways to reduce it. You'll be part of a team of fun, friendly, and technically skilled engineers developing innovative user-friendly web experiences. As part of this team, you will get a well-rounded exposure to the entire stack. You will be designing, building, and monitoring multi-tenant services, as well as creating web components in modular responsive web applications. Come, impress us with your problem-solving skills, and take charge of your career in a mission-driven environment.
* Architect, code and manage web applications that empower our partners to build customized user experiences.
* Design and implement the web consumer product suite with multi-tenant services, modular front-ends and multi-channel support ranging from desktop to mobile devices.
* Work closely with UX teams, Product owners and backend SOA service providers to surface Opower insights on the web.
* Continuously test your software to fail-fast and fail-forward to ensure the best user experience.
* Communicate effectively with remote and distributed teams.
* Take pride in owning what you build, support it in production and continuously monitor and evolve it to improve performance, scalability and ease-of-use.
Your stretch goals:
* Define, set and enforce the standards for best practices in web development.
* Coach and mentor junior developers and introduce the team to new tech trends in industry.
All about you:
* Bachelor's degree or higher in software engineering, computer science or related field.
* 2-4 years of application architecture, solution design and/or product development experience.
* You are focused, methodical, well-adapted, and work well with others.
* There's a special place in your heart for jQuery but you have moved on to MVC-like frameworks such as Angular or React and functional programming tool sets like Underscore/Lodash.
* You cannot fathom deploying code without continuous integration. We use Jenkins but any similar CI experience works.
* You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
* You focus on building operations friendly apps that can be deployed, handled and run with ease.
* Comfortable acting a "full-stack" engineer, capable of delivering operations-friendly solutions from server to browser and devices.
Our mission and values:
We are a small, collegial group of smart and helpful people, part of a community passionate about helping people save energy to reduce their carbon footprint. These are our core values that drive our work and inform our decisions: model the mission, speak up, listen up, make it better, seek connection, champion quality, ask questions, take risks, and focus on the client. Help us transform the utility industry for a clean energy future!
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.