Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Senior Software Developer, Oracle NetSuite
Location: Redwood City, CA
We're looking for ambitious and creative developer to join our team and deliver a highly customizable and scalable platform. You will own the responsibility of designing and implementing some of the core components of the NetSuite Platform. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to communicate clearly, work productively with minimal supervision, think creatively and independently, and collaborate with team members in diverse functions (engineers, product managers, technical writers).
You must be a fully qualified individual contributor with a proven ability to apply technical operational knowledge and skill to a range of unique business problems. You must able to put in practice good coding standards and promote them within the team. You must have in-depth experience in large scale software engineering and system design. A high-level of proficiency in SQL, Object Oriented languages as well as experience with database driven web applications is required. You must be proficient in design patterns and test driven development. You must have experience in working towards deadlines in a rapid development cycle and the ability to prioritize competing demands.
* Lead the initiatives of problem solving, often through coordination with peers and other teams.
* Drive standards, quality & processes through example
* Keep up-to-date with new technology & coding standards
* Act independently to determine methods and procedures on assignments and issues
* Find and implement innovative solutions for problems
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
* 5 years of backend software development experience
* 5 years of Java experience
* Strong Java design and development experience with good instincts for clean and testable code
* SQL Experience, including schema design and development of efficient queries and PL/SQL
* Excellent communication skills in technical and non-technical contexts and situations are required.
* Knowledge of Design Patterns, Object Oriented Programming, TDD and SOLID principles
* Agile/Scrum experience
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.