Responsible for the operation of production environments, including systems and databases, supporting critical business operations. Will perform administration and analysis for multiple production environments and recommend new and novel solutions to improve availability, performance, and supportability. This is an opportunity to bring a combination of deep technical knowledge with administration/analysis knowledge of Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure to provide escalation support to a wide range of complex production environment problems related to immense growth, scaling, leveraging the cloud, extremely high performance, and high availability requirements.
Install, monitor, maintain, support, and optimize all production server hardware and software. Provide escalated technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status. Coordinate escalated support cases and lead appropriate internal technical resources and/or third party vendors to resolution and coordinate a storage infrastructure of Oracle system and database appliances. Responsible for Oracle production environments; assist with server operating system and application upgrades, bug fixes, and patching; and work on standardization projects for both hardware and software under the Oracle technology stack while providing consistent system uptime as expected in a Cloud environment. Provide on-call support, on a rotating basis.
BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. Identifies and implements complex solutions in Technical Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems; and administering and troubleshooting issues with messaging middleware and message brokers. Knowledge of enterprise platforms. Desire to keep up with modern technology and make recommendations. Knowledge of network architecture and protocols. Experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language and experience with software deployment. Travel may be required in accordance with business needs. Related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements, including Infrastructure support and server administration; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems. Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols. Strong experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language. 8 years or more of related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements, including Infrastructure support and server administration; supporting and troubleshooting distributed applications, software, and operating systems.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for a strong Service Reliability Operator (SRO) who will help ensure the availability of our Cloud services 24x7x365. The SRO will have a pulse on the Oracle's SaaS services at all times and be directly accountable for the troubleshooting and resolution of service issues while continuously working with engineering partners to improve telemetry and automation. Your goal is to improve availability by reducing time to mitigate, ensure we are measuring the right things, and automating tasks that impact development velocity, availability or productivity.
You will leverage excellence in communication, technical/business analysis, problem solving and attention to detail to methodically resolve issues. Technically, you will understand the full stack of the services you support (Network to Application) and are able to dig deep into the service to determine how to best mitigate customer impact. Further, you will drive improvements through the development of tools and engage partner teams to drive down incident counts, reduce severity of events and minimize Time to Mitigate. You will help create a "Site Up" culture across all Oracle Cloud teams. We will look to the SRO to continually review and enhance systems, methods and applications to enable the delivery of a positive customer experience to highly acclaimed hosted products such as Oracle Service Cloud, Oracle CRM and more.
As a member of the Oracle Cloud Operations team, you will be surrounded by "willing to help" individuals representing some of the brightest and most innovative minds in the industry. You will be a part of an organization that prides itself on providing training, empowerment, and career progression.
* Perform proactive service checks and monitor/triage incoming system/application alerts, E-mails and phone calls to ensure appropriate priority and response.
* Triage and troubleshoot service impacting events from multiple signals including phone, E-mail, service telemetry and alerting.
* Communicate with professionalism and precision to internal and external customers during high priority situations.
* Identify and work with engineering to implement opportunities for automation, signal noise reduction, recurring issues and other actions to reduce time to mitigate service impacting events and increase the productivity of cloud operations and development resources.
* Manage the coordination, documentation and tracking of critical incidents ensuring rapid and complete issue resolution and appropriate closed loop to customers and other key stakeholders.
* Work upstream with Service Operations and Development to develop and maintain standard operator procedures and troubleshooting guides that improve time to mitigate.
* Participate in project delivery aimed at increasing capabilities around monitoring, notification, configuration and deployment of servers and applications within the Oracle Cloud Platform.
* Participate in the technological analysis related to the multiple Oracle applications operational and internal tools.
* Identify and deploy durable solutions to the different complex challenges related to the Oracle Cloud Applications.
* Assist in the training and development of more junior team members.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
* Able to work as part of a shift in a 24x7x365 operations team. Must be willing to work non-standard work shift (though primary shift is daytime) including evenings, holidays and weekends.
* College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or equivalent or 5 years equivalent work experience in infrastructure, systems, engineering or development environment.
* Excellence in verbal and written communication. Ability to communicate with all levels during critical events.
* Strong Technical background with an ability to troubleshoot issues impacting large scale service architectures and application stacks.
* Demonstrable experience in one or more scripting/programming languages: Powershell, Python, Perl, Bash, Java, Ruby etc.
* Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
* Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Linux services, and Linux networking
* Configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, Memcached, Squid, MySQL, MS SQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, SALT, Puppet, Git, SVN, API & CLI, Jenkins, mcollective
* Hardware and Software Load Balancing, basic knowledge of firewall and networking architecture.
* Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Oracle RAC, Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Business Intelligence, Windows server, Oracle Linux or RedHat Linux, ZFS Appliance, SQL Developer, SQL Plus, application integration, Virtualization and Container based technologies a plus.
* Good interpersonal skills with ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. Team oriented.
* Highly self motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.